A Career at Walsh Duffield
Walsh Duffield is a fifth-generation family-owned insurance agency that has been serving the needs of businesses and individuals since 1860. With offices in Buffalo, Rochester and Medina, NY, Walsh Duffield is committed to the prosperity and growth of our employees, clients, partners and the communities we live in. Our associates embody our key values (integrity, teamwork, wellness, performance, innovation) and contribute to an inclusive culture that guides our behaviors, actions and connections within our agency. With a focus on overall wellbeing, Walsh Duffield offers employees a comprehensive benefits package and an array of opportunities for growth and development.
Division: Group Benefits
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reports to: Director, Group Benefits
FLSA Job Classification: Exempt (Full-Time)
To drive our agency’s growth, we are seeking a dynamic, aggressive sales professional who is able to generate new and recurring revenue through the sales of employer benefits insurance products and risk management solutions. This position works with owners, sales consultants, and team members to establish and build profitable client relationships.
- Generate new business by leveraging existing relationships, prospecting, conducting market analysis and cold calling potential customers.
- Develop a good understanding of and adherence to the agency’s sales process. Drive this sales process by targeting top prospects, identifying client solutions, negotiating and closing.
- Represent the organization in a manner which is consistent with agency values and a level of excellence.
- Meet applicable revenue & professional development goals.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
- Work with Account Executives and/or Marketing Representatives to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Maintain activity and production reports and attend all required sales meetings.
- Cross train as needed
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
As an Employee Benefits Consultant, major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management; may handle some moderately complex tasks independently.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner
- Adhere to client service standards of the division and agency.
- Participate in training and seminar courses.
- Follow guidelines outlined in WD employee manual.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in applicable field of study and current, applicable, and quality references.
- Relevant work or internship experience in sales or a related field.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Life, Health and Accident License required by the Department of Insurance.
- Effective presentation skills supported by excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and initiative.
- Ability to push past rejection to achieve results.
- Walsh Duffield Cos., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visa, now or in the future for this position.