Principal Job Objective
Efficiently provides all the marketing insurance needs to Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc. Personal Insurance Division clients in a professional and timely manner.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperates positively and provides information and guidance as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Maintains and updates technical manuals and understands their use to perform technical tasks and expedite customer service requests.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
- Quote and sell Personal Lines policies.
- Actively solicits increases in coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Completes applications for insurance.
- Receive and place telephone calls to clients and companies
- VIP reviews including preparation of materials for VIP Coordinators, face to face meetings and remarketing if needed.
- Actively refers clients to Benefits Planning Division and Commercial Insurance Division for solicitation of new business.
- Remarkets renewals at account executives request.
- Maintain customer’s account on agency automation system, documenting conversations in notes, sending confirmations to insured and adhering to all other automation procedures that are/become established.
- Maintain your own suspense on system in a timely manner.
- Follow paper and paperless handling procedures for customer files.
- Work with Producers on where and how best to place an account.
- Keep producers fully informed of important activities on your accounts.
- Know the underwriting and rating procedures for all types of Personal Lines policies.
- Participate in training and seminar courses.
- Follow guidelines outlined in our employee manual.
- Cross train as needed
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
- 3 years work experience in sales or customer service (in personal insurance is a plus but not required).
- Property & Casualty license required within 6 months.
- Some college
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced, environment.
- Strong commitment to high quality service delivery.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receives and interpret complex information and respond appropriately.
- Full knowledge of insurance products, usage, and markets.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to utilize computer system and programs and understand functionality.
- Microsoft Office skills necessary.
- Ability to participate in a Team Environment.