Principal Job Description
The Account Executive is the primary client relationship manager for a designated book of business within our Group Benefits Division.
As a Group Benefits Account Executive, major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management; may handle some moderately complex tasks independently.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner
- Adhere to client service standards of the division and agency.
- Participate in training and seminar courses.
- Follow guidelines outlined in WD employee manual.
- Monitor legislation that pertains to employee benefits and regularly communicate updates with Benefits Division and clients
Agency specific training will be provided.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients that create a trusted advisor role.
- Conduct analysis of a client’s current situation, identifying opportunities, client objectives and matching Walsh’s services with those opportunities for improved future state.
- High level client management for both fully insured and self-funded clients, with emphasis on large account market segment.
- Accountable for the maintenance, growth and increased profitability of existing business, the acquisition of new business on existing accounts, customer satisfaction, and the strategic direction of assigned accounts.
- Consult, oversee and present the implementation and execution of client-specific strategies, goals, objectives, performance levels and guarantees.
- Develop and execute account and bid/RFP/renewal strategies necessary for successful renewals and partnerships.
- Direct strategic, customer specific initiatives, which deliver value added services through the execution of client specific strategic plans.
- Develop presentations for employee level communication to inform employees of benefit package and provide information/education on benefit navigation.
- Maintain and update client records in agency client relationship management system.
- Become the champion for our relationship with NFP. This will include ensuring use by Benefits Division staff.
- Cross train as needed
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study or equivalent work experience that shows progressive advancement in duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience in benefits consulting; focused experience as an Account Executive preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Life, Accident & Health license required.
- Experience managing large accounts required, including managing accounts of companies with multiple lines of business that are distinct and unique, health plan accounts with multiple customer lines.
- Knowledge of medical and non-medical market. Strong consultative, negotiation and presentation skills required.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary.