The Client Relationship Consultant is a sales position with a primary responsibility to attract new corporate and individual relationships to Walsh Duffield. The position also requires the associate to manage the client relationship by delivering risk management solutions with support from the Walsh Duffield service and sales team.
In order to be successful, the Consultant will need to acquire risk management expertise within one or more of the agencies core areas: Commercial, Personal Lines, and Employee Benefits. The position will require continuous learning through industry, carrier, and agency resources.
The Consultant will be expected to spend a majority of their time cultivating new relationships by networking and using agency provided tools to generate opportunities. The Consultant will create and execute a strong business plan using an agency-guided sales process.
The Walsh Duffield Consultant training program will include concentrations in product knowledge, sales skills, and agency systems. A personal training plan will be developed and scheduled in advance and will encompass exposure to all agency core areas. Training will be conducted by Walsh Duffield associates and Carrier relationships.
- Create and execute a detailed business plan with mutually agreed upon goals.
- Generate new business by leveraging existing relationships, prospecting, conducting market analysis and cold calling potential customers.
- Develop a good understanding of and adherence to the agency’s sales process.
- Make formal presentations to prospects.
- Establish a consultive relationship with key client decision-makers.
- Manage client service plan with Walsh Duffield service team.
- Maintain agency sales and client CRM systems.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Represent the organization in a manner which is consistent with agency values and a level of excellence.
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
- Adhere to client service standards of the division and agency.
- Participate in training and seminar courses.
- Follow guidelines outlined in WD employee manual.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field of study, preferred, and current, applicable, and quality references.
- Relevant work or internship experience in sales or a related field, preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- All Property & Casualty insurance licenses and/or Life & Health License required by the Department of Insurance.
- Strong analytical ability
- Effective presentation skills supported by excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and initiative.
Sales Manager/Group Benefits/Commercial Lines/Personal Lines
FLSA Job Classification