The Receptionist and Administrative Associate performs administrative support duties which include data entry, customer service and project management. Specific responsibilities are assigned. Office administration is required in this position. Excellent customer service, account reconciliation, accurate data entry and timely project management are standards for this position.
Assistant Vice President of Finance/Administrative Services Department
FLSA Job Classification
Principle Job Objective
Efficiently and accurately provide reception and administrative support to Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc. in a friendly, professional manner
- Greet callers in a positive and friendly fashion while correctly and quickly getting them to the right person to assist them
- Greet customers and gather information in order to determine service needs and direct them to the right person to assist them
- Fax receipt and distribution
- Direct bill statement retrieval & direct bill transactions
- Microsoft Word processing & Excel Worksheet manipulation
- Accounting Transactions – Cash Receipts and Disbursements
- Office supply orders and stocking
- Office equipment management support and IT support
- Oversee overall office upkeep
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including computer scanning and attaching
- Oversee office meetings and assist with preparation
- Cross train as needed
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperate positively and provide information and guidance as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
- Associate’s degree in Business related field or minimum of two years work experience in office administration
- Microsoft Office Software skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain issues, receives and interprets information and responds appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to utilize computer system and programs and understand functionality.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Requires ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Detail oriented and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with others to create a positive, professional and productive work environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Requires good decision making, time management and communication skills.
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.