Division: Group Benefits
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reports to: Director, Group Benefits
FLSA Job Classification: Exempt (Full-Time)
To drive our agency’s growth, we are seeking a dynamic, aggressive sales professional who is able to generate new and recurring revenue through the sales of employer benefits insurance products and risk management solutions. This position works with owners, sales consultants, and team members to establish and build profitable client relationships.
- Generate new business by leveraging existing relationships, prospecting, conducting market analysis and cold calling potential customers.
- Develop a good understanding of and adherence to the agency’s sales process. Drive this sales process by targeting top prospects, identifying client solutions, negotiating and closing.
- Represent the organization in a manner which is consistent with agency values and a level of excellence.
- Meet applicable revenue & professional development goals.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
- Work with Account Executives and/or Marketing Representatives to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Maintain activity and production reports and attend all required sales meetings.
- Cross train as needed
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
As an Employee Benefits Consultant, major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management; may handle some moderately complex tasks independently.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner
- Adhere to client service standards of the division and agency.
- Participate in training and seminar courses.
- Follow guidelines outlined in WD employee manual.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in applicable field of study and current, applicable, and quality references.
- Relevant work or internship experience in sales or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Life, Health and Accident License required by the Department of Insurance.
- Effective presentation skills supported by excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and initiative.
- Ability to push past rejection to achieve results.
- Walsh Duffield Cos., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visa, now or in the future for this position.
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
Walsh Duffield Cos., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from diverse candidates, including those with disabilities.