Vice President/Commercial Division
FLSA Job Classification
Principal Job Objective
Efficiently and accurately assist the Account Executive in servicing the Property and Casualty insurance programs of Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc. Commercial Insurance Division clients and prospective clients in a timely and professional manner.
Responsibilities include assisting the Account Executive in account servicing for customers and insurance carriers. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well with others are standards for this position. This position requires highly organized and goal oriented individuals who possess the ability and willingness to learn and consistently meet the service and quality standards adopted by the agency. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of commercial rating via the company websites.
As a Commercial Lines Account Executive Assistant, major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set priorities, manage workflow and follow established standards of the Commercial Insurance Division to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperate positively and provide information and guidance as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
- Maintain required and additional continuing education requirements for license and professional designations.
- Continuing Education in addition to licensing requirement and in other areas applicable to the position.
Agency specific training will be provided.
- Knowledge of insurance principles and procedures.
- Receive and place telephone calls to clients and companies, if requested by the Account Executive.
- Adhere to client service standards of the division and agency.
- Bring to Account Executive’s attention a possible opportunity to solicit increases in coverage or rounding out accounts for clients.
- Accurately and efficiently insurance ID cards, process certificates of insurance and change requests when requested by the Account Executive.
- Review, process and verify policies for requested coverage, correct information and correct pricing for new business, renewals, endorsements and audits.
- Keep Account Executive informed of inaccuracies on policies when processing new business, renewals, endorsements and audits.
- Maintain customer’s account on agency automation system. When applicable, accurately documenting conversations in notes. When applicable send confirmation to insured. Adhere to all other automation procedures that are/become established.
- Follow paperless handling procedures for customer files.
- Scanning of mail
- Process cancellation requests to the company from clients, if requested by Account Executive.
- Participate in training and seminar courses.
- Follow guidelines outlined in our employee manual.
- Ability to work independently on assignments of standard difficulty.
- Quoting Renewal business as well as New Business.
- Cross train as needed
- Cover front desk as needed
- Adhere to the state expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
Job Related Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong commitment to high-quality service delivery.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information and respond appropriately.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to utilize computer systems and programs and understand functionality.
- Microsoft Office skills necessary.
- Time management, problem-solving and decision making.
- Ability to participate in a Team Environment.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in commercial insurance. Agency specified training will be provided.
- Property & Casualty license required within 12 months.
- Ongoing continuing education in the fields of CPCU, CIC, IIA, AIC or AIM
Growing, fast/moderately paced environment with significant telephone and personal interactions. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.