FLSA Job Classification
The Group Benefits Operation Manager has overall responsibility for the delivery of services to the Agency’s Group Health and Welfare clients, and the divisions’ operations. The position will include assisting the Account Executives on the Agency’s top key accounts and providing leadership and direction to a team of associates with client service and Agency operation responsibilities.
Essential Functions - Operations
Agency specific training will be provided.
- Manage and lead a team of Account Executives, Service Coordinators, Financial Analysts, Wellness Specialists, Compliance/Technology Resource Coordinators, and Operations Associates.
- Establish, implement and monitor department policies, procedures and workflows and adhere to the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
- Manage department CRM, document management system, and software tools for division and division clients
- Mentor and create training and development plans for team members in coordination with Agency Organizational Development Manager and HR
- Create and monitor team job descriptions, compensation packages, and performance reviews
- Manage time and attendance, office equipment and physical environment in coordination with Agency HR and IT departments
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new team associates according to Agency practice
- Maintain and develop client-business relationships
- Assist producers in responding to RFP’s, developing sales presentations and cross-selling activities
- Manage and resolve any escalated service issues with team and client
- Oversee relationships with insurance companies and vendors used by division and clients
- Present division updates to Executive Management and Agency
- Manage and maintain division licenses and contracts
- Maximize the Agency tools and resources
- Ensure effective cross-departmental communication
- Follow the guidelines outlined in WD employee manual
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Agency management
Education and Experience
- 5 + years of management experience in employee benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Life, Health, and Accident Insurance License (will be required within the first six months)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong product knowledge in group medical, dental, life, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Strong knowledge in plan funding techniques – fully insured, self-funding, and Account Based plans including claims analysis.
- Ability to create a trusted advisor relationship with CFO and HR executives
- Travel required to conferences and client offices generally within 8 WNY counties
- Strong knowledge of applicable employee benefit laws and regulations
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and strategic planning skills
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
Walsh Duffield Cos., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.