Principal Job Objective
The purpose of this position is to assist and support Benefit Producer and Service Team with large experience-rated clients by analyzing the financial condition of plans and products. The position will also coordinate the marketing and analysis of client plans to carriers and vendors. The position will focus on Medical and Dental coverage’s but will also include ancillary lines when required.
Agency specific training will be provided.
- Review premium and claims data on a scheduled basis for each identified client
- Identify critical information to be analyzed that will allow client to better manage plan and control future costs
- Learn reporting capabilities for each carrier and gather organized data provided
- Work with service team to develop information that will assist in developing effective Wellness programs
- Review renewals of identified clients and check for accuracy and consistency
- Identify opportunities to change renewal assumptions that will positively affect renewal
- Work with Benefits Producers and Service team to make recommendations and draw conclusion based on data analysis for plan design changes, alternative funding recommendations, alternative employer contribution recommendations, wellness and create executive summaries
- Create request for proposals and submit to bidding vendors and carriers
- Answer carrier questions and obtain necessary information for quoting
- Analyze and organize carrier/vendor proposals and assist with negotiation
- Prepare analysis report and assist with presentation
- Assist the Service Team with client meetings, wellness initiatives and the Annual Benefits Seminar
- Special projects as assigned
- Cross train as needed
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
As a Benefits Analyst, major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management; may handle some moderately complex tasks independently
- Responds to requests in a timely manner
- Follow guidelines outlined in WD employee manual
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience and current, applicable and quality references.
- Mathematics major and/or actuarial/statistics studies preferred
- Current Life & Health license preferred (will be required within the first six months).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective presentation skills supported by excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and initiative.
Director, Group Benefits
FLSA Job Classification
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.