Division: Administrative Services
Location: Buffalo, NY
Reports to/Department: VP – Finance & Administrative Services
FLSA Job Classification: Non-Exempt (Full-Time)
Efficiently and accurately provide accounting and administrative support in a timely and professional manner. Responsible for account receivable and payables, banking transactions, financial reports, and data processing.
Agency specific training will be provided.
- Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Direct Bill Commission Processing
- Banking Transactions & Reconciliation
- Cash Receipts & Disbursements
- Reporting – Monthly & Annual, Sales, Executive, Department
- Audit Reporting
- Cross train as needed
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
As an Accounting & Administrative Associate, additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Annual audit & budget support
- Microsoft Word processing & Excel Worksheet manipulation
- Assist reception team periodically with front desk duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business related field, required
- Minimum two years’ experience in accounting or business related field, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain issues, receives and interprets information and responds appropriately
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information in order to problem solve
- Detail oriented and high level of accuracy
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Willing to work as part of a team or independently and have the initiative to take on a variety of tasks and projects
- Good decision making, time management skills, leadership, and curiosity
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
Walsh Duffield Cos., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from diverse candidates, including those with disabilities.