Division: Administrative Services
Location: This position is an in-office position in Buffalo, NY.
Reports to/Department: VP – Finance & Administrative Services
FLSA Job Classification: Non-Exempt (Full-Time)
Principle Job Objective
Efficiently and accurately provide administrative and accounting support to Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc. in a professional manner.
The Business and Accounting Associate performs administrative support duties which include accounting, data entry, customer service and project management. Specific responsibilities are assigned. Office administration is required in this position. Excellent customer service, account reconciliation, accurate data entry and timely project management are standards for this position. Leadership, curiosity, initiative, and teamwork are essential attributes for success in this role.
Agency specific training will be provided.
- Accounts receivable and payable processing
- Direct Bill Commission Processing
- Banking Transactions & Reconciliation
- Cash Receipts & Disbursements
- Microsoft Word processing & Excel Worksheet manipulation
- Office coordination – “Point” person, responsible for maintaining efficient office workflow and providing consistent phone & front desk coverage.
- Greet customers and gather information in order to determine service needs
- Receptionist phone answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including computer scanning and attaching
- Office supply assist ordering, inventory and stocking
- Oversee overall office upkeep
- Cross train as needed
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
As a Business & Accounting Associate, additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting – Monthly & Annual, Sales, Executive, Department
- Annual audit & budget support
- Oversee office meetings and assist with preparation
- Reception Office equipment – manage & maintain
Education and Experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business related field, required
- Internships or a minimum of 2 years work experience in business administration or accounting, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office Software skills and the ability to utilize computer system and programs and understand functionality.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain issues, receives and interprets information and responds appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Requires ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Detail oriented and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with others to create a positive, professional and productive work environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Requires good decision making, time management and communication skills.
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
Walsh Duffield Cos., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from diverse candidates, including those with disabilities.