Division: Commercial Division
This position is not a remote opportunity.
Vice President, Commercial Division
FLSA Job Classification
Non-Exempt/Exempt (Full-Time) or (Part-time)
The primary purpose of this job is to service the Property and Casualty insurance programs for assigned clients of the Commercial Insurance Division.
Agency specific training will be provided.
- Provides administrative support to the client relationship associates, client relationship managers, and WD management.
- Resolves basic and routine administrative problems directly. Refers complex inquiries to more senior team members.
- Provides rating with various carriers.
- Responsible for clerical items including but not limited to scanning, reviewing mail, front desk support, etc.
- Cross train as needed.
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program.
As a Client Service Coordinator, major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Still acquiring an understanding of the insurance brokerage business and customer service processes/tasks.
- Up to three years of customer service experience.
- Is fully licensed or obtains license within 12 months.
- Efficiently and accurately assist with account servicing for customers and insurance carriers. This includes collecting account information, completing service requests and assisting in preparing client proposals.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperate positively and provide information and guidance as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Maintain required and additional continuing education requirements for license and/or professional designations.
- Administrative duties – specifically, document scanning, phone calls and mail processing.
- Data collection and entry of application for insurance coverage.
- Maintain customer’s account on agency automation system, accurately documenting conversations in notes, sending confirmations to insured and adhering to all other automation procedures that are/become established.
- Follow paperless handling procedures for customer files.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of commercial coverage, rating schemes and procedures, underwriting and risk management techniques and insurance products.
- Participate in training and seminar courses, including scheduling and facilitating.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
Job Related Knowledge/Skills
- Strong commitment to high quality service delivery.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information and respond appropriately.
- Knowledge of insurance products, usage and markets.
- Ability to utilize computer systems and programs and understand functionality.
- Microsoft Office skills necessary.
- Time management, problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to participate in a team environment.
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
Walsh Duffield Cos., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from diverse candidates, including those with disabilities.