A Career at Walsh Duffield
Walsh Duffield is a fifth-generation family-owned insurance agency that has been serving the needs of businesses and individuals since 1860. With offices in Buffalo, Rochester and Medina, NY, Walsh Duffield is committed to the prosperity and growth of our employees, clients, partners and the communities we live in. Our associates embody our key values (integrity, teamwork, wellness, performance, innovation) and contribute to an inclusive culture that guides our behaviors, actions and connections within our agency. With a focus on overall wellbeing, Walsh Duffield offers employees a comprehensive benefits package and an array of opportunities for growth and development.
Group Benefits Manager
FLSA Job Classification
The Medicare Consultant is responsible for selling Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, Prescription Drug Plan and other ancillary insurance products. In this role, you will be selling/enrolling eligible Medicare customers into the appropriate Insurance products and advising Pre-Medicare eligible recipients on their options. This position will also provide basic to broad level Medicare product expertise in support of the Employee Benefits Sales Consultants and Account Executives efforts to maintain commercial client relationships.
Agency specific training will be provided.
- Identify prospective enrollees and determine eligibility for participation in the Medicare products
- Understand and apply all policies and procedures pertaining to:
- Disclosures and provisions of the Medicare products
- Enrollment and disenrollment assistance
- Develop a presence in the local community to help generate enrollments
- Consult with potential qualified Medicare participants at Walsh Duffield offices, Conduct home visits and personalized appointments as needed to complete the enrollment process
- Market Medicare products on-site at hospitals, senior centers, assisted living facilities, community events and other sites as designated
- Understand the covered benefits, non-covered benefits, exclusions and exemptions
- Keep informed and adhere to current regulations pertaining to marketing activity guidelines set forth by various Federal and State agencies—this includes providing enrollees with all corresponding materials and documentation
- Conduct and participate in telemarketing/outreach efforts as required
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and special events
- Submit special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance or rejection of products, and competitive conditions beneficial to other Marketing representatives and company operations
- Assist prospective members in selection and completion of new sales application in accordance with all CMS and carrier compliance guidelines
- Conduct or assist with employer group sales meetings during open enrollment
- Cross train as required
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
Additional Responsibilities and Requirements
As a Medicare Consultant, major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management; may handle some moderately complex tasks independently
- Responds to requests in a timely manner
- Adhere to client service standards of the division and agency
- Follow guidelines outlined in WD employee manual
- Monitor legislation that pertains to employee benefits and regularly communicate updates with Benefits Division and clients
Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Medicare sales is required
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Life, Accident, & Health insurance license required
- Annual Medicare Certifications required and carrier certifications preferable
- Ambitious sales minded with strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with customers
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively in a sales environment
- Organizational skills and effective time management to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- Self-starter who can manage multiple priorities
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and high level of accuracy
- Strong commitment to high quality service delivery
- Completion of all required carrier specific training
- Travel as necessary (within eight counties of WNY) to meet client needs
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
Walsh Duffield Cos., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from diverse candidates, including those with disabilities.