Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will work in combination of at home and in the office but should be expected to work full-time in the office upon direction from the agency.
Personal Lines Manager
FLSA Job Classification
Efficiently provides all insurance needs to Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc. Personal Insurance Division clients with a high level of customer service. Responsible for inbound telephone inquiries. Will answer questions from customers regarding billing and service issues while maintaining acceptable Call Center standards. Provide customer education and troubleshooting for efficient, professional, and courteous resolution focusing on customer satisfaction and retention. Meets sales, service, and quality standards adopted by the agency.
- Receive and place telephone calls to clients and companies.
- Maintain solid customer relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
- Adhere to client service standards of the department and agency.
- Actively solicits increases in coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Review/renew coverage for existing Personal Lines accounts. Educates clients as to coverage limitation and documents on the system.
- Actively refers clients to Benefits Planning Div. and Commercial Insurance Div. for solicitation of new business.
- Processes/reviews renewals and re-markets account if needed.
- Submit and complete change request, etc.
- Services direct-billed walk-in payments. Verifies coverage status processes, as appropriate. Provides receipt
- In the absence of the Claim Manager, assists clients in submitting first reports of claims.
- Process and scan mail as needed.
- Maintain customer’s account on agency automation system, documenting conversations in notes, sending confirmations to insured and adhering to all other automation procedures that are/become established.
- Process transactions on the company interface systems when appropriate.
- Maintain your own suspense on system in a timely manner.
- Follow paper and paperless handling procedures for customer files.
- Contact customer on notices of cancellation. Make maximum effort to ensure policies remain in force. Process cancellation requests.
- Keep producers fully informed of important activities on your accounts.
- Know the underwriting and rating procedures for all types of Personal Lines policies.
- Participate in training and seminar courses.
- Follow guidelines outlined in our employee manual.
- Delegate work as needed to the team in Rochester.
- Back up Commercial Insurance Division for service as needed.
- Cross train as needed
- Adhere to the stated expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperates positively and provides information and guidance as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
- Maintain required and additional continuing education requirements for license and designations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree preferred
- 2 years customer service work (experience in personal insurance is required)
- NYS Property & Casualty license is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced, environment.
- Strong commitment to high quality service delivery.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receives and interpret complex information and respond appropriately.
- Full knowledge of insurance products, usage, and markets.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to utilize computer system and programs and understand functionality.
- Microsoft Office skills necessary.
- Ability to participate in a Team Environment.
Apply for this position
Walsh Duffield complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs rise, or as required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
Walsh Duffield Cos., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from diverse candidates, including those with disabilities.